Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Liliana & the Dollhouse Display

A Dollhouse Display

We also utilized the window sill for our miniature display.  Note the antique German bisque-head doll.  The two larger dolls I made from cloth strips around pipe cleaners and scraps of fabric and lace.


       Liliana painstakingly "helped" me as we washed one of the dollhouses that had been in storage, then unpacked some miniature furniture and placed it inside the house.  Our current home has the original 1920's era windows still intact between the living room and the sunroom (that used to be an outdoor porch) so the dollhouse was placed out in the sunroom with its back facing through the interior window so you can see the inside of the dollhouse from the living room: our best solution for keeping little fingers away from delicate handiwork and keeping the tiny choking hazards away from baby Vera Rose.  One of the unexpected benefits to having the dollhouse positioned this way is that I a love watching the light filter through the dollhouse windows--especially at night.
Liliana sits in one of our newly uphostered French salon chairs. 
Behind her are the 1920's exterior windows which are now interior windows due to the later constructed sunporch.

       This dollhouse was made by my Uncle Sandy when I was little.  It originally had two floors and an attic but was then renovated (how wonderful were my parents and Uncle to humor me when I had expansion plans as an elementary-age child!) to add an additional floor and a side addition which added 4 rooms. 
       The curtains are antique lace pieces (used to be dress collars, etc) and the bed linens are made from antique handkerchiefs. The dolls are either antique finds or ones I made. Liliana is having so much fun peering in and telling me all about the scenes she sees! 

       She tells me we must be quiet because the baby is sleeping, then points out the children being tucked into bed, and of course points out the cake, the dog, the dolly...  and then Liliana runs to either her little sister or her daddy to tell them all about it, too.


My darling little sugar plum, Liliana Etta.

      







3 comments:

  1. I love this...and I love listening to Liliana's "stories" about the dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love it! It is such fun now that she is talking more--or I should say talking UNDERSTANDABLY more!

      Delete
  2. Facebook comment:

    Allison Anne absolutely fabulous!! welcome back home. your dad said you moved home! :) your girls are adorable!
    July 17 at 1:20pm

    Laura Wingard-Plank: Thanks Allison! I love being so close to family now and that the girls can play at Dad and Mom's all the time--what could be better than little girls picking blackberries, chasing butterflies, etc, right? I love all your pictures of your sweet kids, too!

    ReplyDelete