Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin Muffins
 



       Wanting to start September with some pumpkiny goodness, I made a batch of pumpkin muffins based on my sister's recipe (I lessened some of the spices but otherwise very similar to my sister's).  Here is my version:


Pumpkin Muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Combine dry ingredents.

1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
1 egg

Combine above above four ingredients and then mix into dry ingredients.  Place in muffin cups and sprinkle on a streusal topping (I combined some flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.  My sister's recipe calls for pecans in the topping which I'm sure would be splendid, too).

Bake at 350 degrees until raised and they look "almost done."  For me it took 10 minutes for the miniature size muffin pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment