Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Eggs made with Onion Skin Dye & Flowers

Easter Eggs Wrapped in Flowers
and Cooked in Onion Skin Dye

Top left: Carnation wrapped; Top right: Fern; Bottom left: Baby's Breath; Bottom right: Daisy



Egg wrapped in Baby's Breath



       After wrapping cut flowers (carnation, daisy, baby's breath, and fern) around a raw egg (using quilting thread), I placed the wrapped eggs in a pan and covered them with the onions skin dye (the outside skin of two onions that had been boiled about 20 minutes) that I had previously used for dying eggs with leaves yesterday (click here for that post).  I then boiled them for at least forty minutes (and I'm surprised that my eggs didn't crack because they were only supposed to cook for twenty minutes but yes, I forgot about them!)  The result was much darker than the eggs from yesterday.  This is such fun!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment