Thursday, May 30, 2013

Baby Robins


       We've been thrilled this Spring to have baby birds to watch in two Robins' nests.  The first nest was on a low basement windowsill.  The second nest is on our back balcony flowerbox.  Just as the first nest emptied of its occupants, the 2nd nest began hatching.  Any day now, our 2nd nest will empty--but guess what I found today in the first nest?  A NEW EGG!!!  So our watching will continue. 
 


       We have all learned so much about the growth and habits of robins from our daily observation and I'm just so thankful that they chose our house for their nests.  I have already documented the nests in albums on facebook, but for those of you who aren't there, I thought I'd share a few photos from the mother robin feeding her babies today.  The babies are 13 days old today so almost ready to leave the nest.  The mother robin now allows me to be two feet away when she feeds her birdlings, so today I took advantage of her trust by taking these photos:







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment