Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Fairy Garden

  The Fairy's Garden


 
     After much anticipation and prolonged planning, the girls have their own miniature fairy garden on the back balcony.  And one of the most beautiful aspects of it is how many people were involved in this one little pot.  The girls see it and after Liliana states her oft quoted, "I love my fairy garden," she then will mention how Granddad brought dirt for her garden and how Maren and family gave her the fairy and trellis and little toadstools and how Auntie Em painted the wooden toadstools for her, etc, etc.  I'd be hard put to think of someone she knows that is not somehow involved by her way of thinking!

       We used the toadstool houses we made last summer (out of unfinished birdhouses from a local craft store) for the fairy's house, sticks tied together with string and wire for fencing, shells from Grandma's for additional fencing, shade plants (my favorite is the scotch moss) for grassy knolls and shrubbery (thanks to gardening money for Vera's birthday from her Plank grandparents), some fairy furniture, and some tiny rocks to make our own little fairy land.  I could easily see myself spending a zillion more hours to make bridges, houses and more for an entire fairy forest but I will make myself wait until they are older and can hand-build them along with me!  Welcome to our little fairy spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment