Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sneak Peak

Christmas card production in process...

      ...this year's it's my turn to create the Christmas card art (Brian and I alternate years) so this past week I've been carving the linoleum block.  Just a warning, though:  if you normally receive a Christmas card from me, I have decided that the zillions of hours spent laboriously hand printing 100 lino-cuts, then hand painting each one so that my loved ones can have a piece of my art each year may now be at an end.  I'm planning to find a short-cut this year--perhaps printing an artist's proof, then hand coloring it, then attaching the scanned image to the card or turning a photo of it into a card, etc.  Hopefully the simplifying won't take away from the art of it all too much!

2 comments:

  1. I do love the cards that you and Brian make! They are so creative and I think I've kept just about all of them. It is the one card I look most forward to receiving!

    I'm all giddy with excitement!

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nate, you've made my day! I doubt this year's card is enough to justify such excitement, lol, but it's friends like you that make it such a joy to create art to share!

      Delete