Monday, December 24, 2012

The Radko/Blown Glass Christmas Tree


The Blown Glass Christmas Tree
The Blown-glass Christmas tree, next to my childhood dollhouse, in the front room.


Thin tinsel strands, white lights, and vintage glass bulbs...


view from front room (the "front")
view from living room (the "back")
       Afraid of toddlers with their adventurous spirit and wandering fingers, the Radko ornament and blown glass Christmas tree was placed out in the front room, so we can see it through the window, but the girls don't have finger access to it.  I tried to put my favorites on the "back" of the tree so I could see those ornaments from the living room, but I also put my vintage bulbs on the front of the tree so a colorful bonanza of bulbs greets you from the front door.  Thin tinsel garland also decks the tree and antique toys surround its bottom.  Eventually, as I collect more blown glass ornaments (and as long as I'm attracted to the image, I don't care whether it's a dollar store ornament, a vintage find, or a pricey Radko--I love them all), I hope to make the figural blown glass ornaments the focus of my main living room tree (right now that tree is all white).

No comments:

Post a Comment