Friday, March 22, 2013

Paper Egg Hunts

Paper Egg Hunts




       When I was little, one of my favorite activities was creating my very own Easter egg hunts, made with pencils, crayons, and paper.  I would draw an outdoor scene and add lots of little Easter eggs.  Next, I would use an additional piece of paper to draw extra bushes, flowers, and animals which I would then cut out and tape over the egg drawings so that the eggs were hidden until you lifted the flap of paper.  I usually made lots of flaps with no eggs under it, too.  I had such fun "searching" for the Easter eggs and letting my siblings use them, too.  This year, Liliana and I watercolored one, but she was super into using black watercolor at the moment we made it, so I mostly painted it.  Liliana is having such fun lifting the flaps and I look forward to when she'll be old enough to make her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment