Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Happiness

Our Easter Tree
Jellybean-topped cupcakes
It's been such a great week, with special services such as the Maundy Thursday Love Feast (with feetwashing and communion) and a Cross Walk in our local town (someone carries a large cross down the sidewalk while the rest of us sang Easter hymns [I so love listening to my girls sing hymns!] as we walked/strollered  and stopped periodically for devotionals led by local clergy from various churches).  This week has also been full of reconnecting with old friends, sled-riding with my girls, seeing the first robin of the season perched outside my kitchen window, and contemplating how special life is.  Whether you are fasting today, attending special services, or fulfilling your work responsibilities, I hope today and this Easter are extremely meaningful for all my loved ones.  I am so thankful for my God, my church, my family, my friends.  It is so wonderful how holidays tend to remind us of that!

Egghunt happiness at a good friend's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment